Julie with a B

Saturday, May 21, 2005
 
Lipizzan friend
When I was in high school I got the opportunity to ride a Lipizzan that had been trained at the Spanish Riding School in Vienna. I have loved them ever since.

Four years ago I went looking for a new horse. Klaus Balkenhaul who is the trainer and coach for the U.S. Olympic Team in Dressage was teaching a seminar down in Los Angeles, and mentioned that Lipizzans were suitable as amateur dressage horses. They are? Wow. I started looking for one.

I ran across Margaret who had a 9 mo. old filly, Sonja, for sale. I went to look at her, but decided that I wanted an older horse. However, Margaret invited me to ride her 4 yr old Lipizzan, Ivan. I loved Ivan! Altho Ivan wasn't for sale. I knew I wanted one of these.

Today at the horse show Margaret rode Ivan.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger