Julie with a B

Thursday, January 20, 2005
 
More inside Iraq news
BC and TJ work in Iraq. They don't state exactly what they do. I believe they are in Bagdad. Today's post is on the threat to Iraq's from insurgents. Excerpt:
"In recent weeks I've developed a metric of levels of intimidation. I count the beds in government offices that I go to.
As recently as three months ago, no one slept in their office – after a hard day's work (if you call 9am to 2pm a hard day) folks would just go home. Then one day I walked into someone's office and noticed a bed in the corner, tucked in between a filing cabinet and a refrigerator.
Since that day I have noticed a veritable proliferation of beds. Government officials are scared. In many cases they are so scared that they don't leave the office for weeks. And the fear doesn't stop when you come to work. One official told me, after cutting short a meeting in his office, that "they are watching, they are seeing how long we are talking."

Interesting observation.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger