Julie with a B

Sunday, January 02, 2005
 
The new year so far....
Not all that great. It's still pouring buckets outside.... 4th day in a row. I've got moss growing on my north side by now and I'm looking for the hammer because it's surely ark building time. I hab a cold ib by dose. Achoo. I mean a cold in my nose. I've run out of Scotch for the hot toddies and I left the raincoat and umbrella in the car. WHERE IS MY MOMMIE!
OK. I'm better now. Shouting definately helped.
I live on a dead end street with 7 houses on it. It ends because there is a creek there. I shuffled into the kitchen to get more hot tea and stood there looking out the window. My neighbors were standing down at the end of the street under umbrellas looking at something. Then I realized that the bushes at the edge of the creek were bent over kinda funny. Heck. The water is up. This is not a catastrophic thing - happens each winter. But it means that the creek sort of swirls around the court and then goes away, leaving lots of leaves and trash and gunk to clear off the lawn and out of the gutter. gack. It was just too much for my soggy brain to think about, so I picked up the tea and shuffled with my blanket back to the couch and my laptop.
I came back and read about the work that had to be done in Indonesia and my new year suddenly looked pretty damn good. I was warm, dry, well fed, lounging on my couch, my dog curled up next to me. I have a job to go to tomorrow and home to come back to afterwards. It's a tremendously wonderful new year.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger