Julie with a B

Sunday, January 09, 2005
 
A problem with heights..
I have this problem with heights. It's not rational and it's truly stupid. I've been trying to beat it for years. My way of resolving a problem is to meet it head on. When I was in Paris, I thought the Eiffel Tower would be an interesting battle ground. Not so actually. At the very top of the tower is a door and some stairs. It brings you to a balcony of sorts outside, just below the very tip of the tower. It has a 4 foot solid railing around it. Did it bother me to be out there? No. Which is great. But it just points out how lame the problem is - I cannot get up on my roof to prune back the rose bush that is attempting to consume my garage, but I can stand outside at the top of the Eiffel Tower. Go figure. Oh. And the tower sways in the wind, even on a calm day.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger