Julie with a B

Wednesday, January 19, 2005
 
That writing thing....
Tonight I went to my first creative writing class at the local Junior College. It's a workshop, which means, (I didn't get this at first, OK?) that you write, sort of guided by suggestions, then you read or present whatever you've scribbled. He said he would start with whatever we wanted, to which I blurted out "short story", not because I am any good at it, but it was one of the easiest forms to write. Oh, and DC? He's going to cover limericks, for what reason, I didn't write down, along with other forms of poetry of course.
So you see.... the problem is that I'd like to write... I do have a degree in Accounting w/minor in Economics. Do you hear alot of numbers there? Ah huh. That's right. So after a roughly 10 hour work day I came to class with my scribbles, which I wrote up on the blackboard along with everyone else. It was fine. Really. So wild to hear someone gently positively take apart my use of words, (verbs were good!) and "innovative" punctuation, and, also to hear how what I wrote affected all these people. Face to face. Amazing.
Just had to share.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger