Julie with a B

Monday, January 10, 2005
 
Unbiased news? Not...
Armstrong Williams says in “My Apology” that “I agreed to run a paid ad on my syndicated televisions show, promoting the Dept. of Education's “No Child Left Behind" Act. I subsequently used my column space to support that legislation. This represents an obvious conflict of interests.”…… “People need to know that my column is uncorrupted by any outside influences.”
How can we know that Mr. Williams? And why would we believe it? You have no more credibility than the Los Angeles Times did after its advertising debacle. The news is only as “believable” as the reporter.

Although this situation is deplorable because this involves taxpayers’ money, it is not particularly shocking. All news is biased. No one that wants to stay in business would publish a major news story against a company that pays for advertising in that paper. So what about that? Read the newspaper, notice who advertises and then know that these people influence what you are reading.


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger