Julie with a B

Saturday, February 26, 2005
 
The cat stories
Three years ago my dog brought me a kitten. Sort of. I used to work on a farm and up the road there was a horse barn. One day on my lunch hour I was walking up there with my dog, Rosie. I was patting noses and feeding carrots to the residents, when Rosie came up and nudged me with her nose, and then walked away from me looking over her shoulder. I paid no attention. She came back and repeated the procedure. Hmm. The third time (human's are so slow) I walked back with her. There in the aisle was a tiny orange kitten. He was yelling for help about as loud as two week old kitten can yell. Rosie nudged him with her nose and laid down with her head next to him. I leaned down and patted her and told her, "No Rosie, his mom will be back to get him." And took her with me back to the office. After work, I let her out and she was off up the road to the barn. Where she found the kitten, still calling for help, and laid down next to him. OK. OK. I have "sucker" in neon on my forehead. So I scooped up the tiny kitty and walked back down the road. I opened the car door and plunked him down on the car seat. Rosie carefully got in the car, sitting with him between her front paws. We stopped at the feed store on the way home and bought kitten formula.
His name is Wendell.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger