Julie with a B

Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
continued.... next Q

Q. You have a way of maintaining dialogue where others fail. To what do you attribute your ability to dialogue with and maintain friendships with conservatives where so many liberals fail?

A. Hmmmm. Not sure you just haven't read the right ones DC!
However.... I am honestly interested in what makes the other side tick. The Right has the ability to not feel guilty about writing aggressively, rudely, and crudely as long as it gets a laugh. I often do laugh. I comment or talk to those that I can find some corner of common ground. Sometimes that corner is very tiny. Having a conversation with someone that I disagree with often gives me insight. My father said that you cannot fight against that which you neither know nor understand. It also helps me define exactly where I am coming from. As I have read and conversed, I find my viewpoint moving farther to the left than I thought I was.


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger