Julie with a B

Wednesday, March 16, 2005
 
In honor of the Great Goomba...
Nickie Goomba claimed to hate puns, OK, so he really hates puns, but ever since the beginning of my blog last December he has come to read... and leave the occasionally punny comment.

Oh my God, Nurse Bobbit... I asked you to remove the patient's SPECTACLES!


Oh, give me a home
Where the buffalo roam
And I'll give you a home that needs new carpets.


Did I ever tell you about my Uncle Leo, the magician. I actually saw him walk down the street and turn into a barber shop.


When my son was 8, he asked "Hey Dad, would you rather be burned at the stake or get your head chopped off?" Recalling this classic from my distant childhood, I answered "Everybody knows that a hot steak is better than a cold chop."

At the time, he thought I was brilliant.


What do you call an Irishman who lives on your back porch all year round? Patty O'Furniture.


I believe it's from the Big Golden Book of Painful Humor.

Like the fisherman said to his relatives on Thanksgiving..."C'mon over just for the halibut."

Dis here is a final warning from the pun police.

No kidding...as a kid, one of my biggest fears is that a date would be at my house and my Dad would begin reciting, complete with explanations, his favorite Bennet Cerf puns.
It's a fear/gift that just keeps on giving.


..kinda like the Winchester Mystery House, the fear keeps building.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger