Julie with a B

Wednesday, March 30, 2005
 
Q #3

Q. Tell me at least one thing you admire about three different conservative politicians.

A. Cough, gack, blech, yuck… OK. Deep breath, take a deep breath.

I know where you want me to go with this, to current American politicians. But my first conservative politician is Margaret Thatcher. She was controversial, hard line, disliked, well-liked, and was the making of/destruction of the British economy in the 1980’s. I admire her for being strong in her beliefs and maintaining her own agenda throughout the time she was in power. She was witty and concise.

OK. Lets see. Sigh. I admire George H. Bush for understanding that he was a good administrator but when it came to the Presidency, he lacked “that vision thing”. We tend to belittle that, but for me, it made him human. He is twice the president his son is.

I admired Ronald Reagan because he knew how to get others to work with him. He did it with Hollywood charisma, a humble down home attitude, and respect for those around him.


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger