Julie with a B

Thursday, April 28, 2005
 
I am sure there is some philosophical statement here . . .
On the way to work this morning I was following a large SUV with one of those yellow ribbon magnets on it. I was mumbling to myself about people who don't seem to get the connection between Iraq and oil. Ahead of me off to the side of the road I could see a flock of wild turkeys. As I got closer there were two male turkeys, tails up, squared off for a squabble. As we approached they flew at each other and in heat of battle flopped out into the highway. The SUV slammed on it's brakes, but didn't have a chance of stopping in time. It hit the turkeys at considerable speed and was enveloped in a mass of feathers. The driver barely held the lane and slowed to a stop at the side of the road. I carefully went around and on my way. Looking back there were two dead turkeys on this guy's hood and feathers everywhere.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger