Julie with a B

Tuesday, May 31, 2005
 
Revisiting the family vacation. . . . oh my

My mom has not been well, so my sister decided to come to visit from Pennsylvania. While she is here, my mom wanted to “go to the redwoods”. Mom wanted to revisit some of the places we saw when we were kids.

We loaded the van and headed north about 10 am. As we trundled up Hwy 101, I heard the expected discussions. “I’m too cold.” “What did you say? I can’t hear you back here.” “When are we stopping for lunch?” “Can we see that tree on the way?” “Did you bring water?” “What town is lunch in?” “How close are we to the redwoods?

We stopped for lunch in the town of Laytonville at “The Indian”. Now the name of the place has changed slightly over the years, but everyone knows how good the hamburgers are at “The Indian”, although currently the sign out in front says “The Chief”.


|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger