Julie with a B

Tuesday, July 19, 2005
 
Summer
We have slipped into warm summer days; the sound of a lawn mower whirring someplace down the block. On my drive back and forth from work I pass thru the rural stretch of hay farms and dairy cows. The hay has been cut and is lying drying in the sun. There are snowy egrets strolling elegantly amongst the cows and perched atop their backs. I’m not sure what they are doing there. I think they are wading birds normally focused in the consumption of small fish in the shallows of the lagoon and marsh. Heat shimmers over the asphalt road. The cars in front of my on the highway carry kayaks and fishing boats. My mind is outside, myself is inside an office without a window attempting to focus on payroll reports and financial statements. Unsuccessfully

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger