Julie with a B

Sunday, September 18, 2005
 
Time travel





Well not really. Sunday made a visit to "Principality of the Mists Fall Coronet". Thanks to the Society for Creative Anachronism, I made a too brief visit to the middle ages. When we arrived, there were horses in the field and riders carrying lances! Woohoo! JulieB has long wanted to try this! I watched for awhile and am now the proud possessor of the "West Kingdom Equestrian Handbook". Maybe....maybe soon.
We walked around and met many people with many talents. The horse people first and when I mentioned the joust, a lance was fetched so that I could hold it. Oh. My. Gosh. I could DO this!
Moving on we met those talented at fencing, archery, and fighting in armor with swords. Oh. And you must dress appropriately - as guests we were given medievil garb so we wouldn't interrupt the vista with well, jeans.
The "Crown Tournament" is Sept. 30th - Oct 2nd. I will have to grab the Time Traveler's bag and saunter down there. No horses, but I'm promised archery if I bring my bow. Oh yesssss.

|

<< Home

Powered by Blogger